Bismillahir rahmanir raheem

Everyone has a breaking point whether welike to accept it or not but you don’t have to go over the edge. Yes, it’s a good feeling to blow off steam every now and again but making a habit of it can be more detrimental than good.

For Motivational Monday, here areย some tips and tricks for you to try out the next time you feel like you’re going to blow your top inshaAllah!

TAKE A DEEP BREATHE

Inhale, exhale. One of the best things you can do when you feel you’re at breaking point is to stop and take a breathe. A long deep one, the kind that really fills your lungs. When you exhale, relax your body. Let the negative energy release from you as you exhale as if your body is squeezing out all of the tension. This works wonders for me, especially when I’m having a bad day.

CHANGE YOUR LOCATION

If possible try to change your location. Move to another room or go for a walk. Fresh air and a change of scenery can do wonders for the mind especially if you have the benefit of living next to a nice green space.

TALK TO ALLAH – MAKE DUA

This is something all the Messengers of Allah (may peace be upon them all)ย did when times got rough and what better examples do we have?

He who draws close to Me a hand’s span, I will draw close to him an arm’s length. And whoever draws near Me an arm’s length, I will draw near him a fathom’s length. And whoever comes to Me walking, I will go to him running – Muslim

Dua is the weapon of the believer. It has the power to change qadr and have sins forgiven subhanAllah so why wouldn’t we want to utilise these tools?

Raise your hands to Allah and make dua to him to forgive you and change your situation to something better. Wallahi, I can say that every time I’ve made sincere dua Allah swt has answered them so I know this works.

MOVE ON!

Don’t live in the past. As Muslims, we shouldn’t dwell on the past. Even when we make tawbah to Allah swt we are encouraged to move on and hope for the best.

Living in the past is a one way ticket to sadness and even depression. It may not seem possible now but one day it WILL get better, Things will change and improve and you’ll look back on that moment and be grateful it happened the way it did to help you become the person you are.

How do you pull yourself back from breaking point? Help out and COMMENT below.

And if you want these reminders on the go, I have a free downloadable tips card that you can carry around with you or stick it somewhere to give yourself a reminder.

If youโ€™re a Muslim sister looking to develop yourself and improve in deen and duniya and you would like to join my private Facebook community. Each day I post reflections and self development tasks that will inshaAllah help you on your journey using the expert knowledge I am gaining as a Gratitude and Spiritual Transformation Life Coach.

25 thoughts on “4 Ways to Bring You Back from Your Breaking Point + free tips card | Christal Joan

• ChristalBlogs says:

So true subhanAllah. Moving on is never easy but just as we say this duniya is temporary so is our current state. Time is always moving and we can either choose to stay in the past or move with the times

1. Iman says:

I’ve found a renewed love for talking to Allah and Him alone. It makes SUCH a huge difference to your life and mental and emotional wellbeing subhanAllah.

• ChristalBlogs says:

SubhanAllah it does doesn’t it! I think we get so caught up in formalising our duas I think we forget that Allah swt is always listening and even though we may not find the right words He knows what is in our hearts

2. Amina says:

I believe in the power of Duas. They help to heal and move on without guilt. Almost like dropping off your baggage so you can lounge.

Writing/ journaling also helps.

3. Amina says:

Writing/ journaling also helps a lot.

4. Zainab Dokrat says:

I was at my breaking point recently, and no positive words, advice helped but when I turned to speak to Allah even though the situation didn’t change I just felt instantly calm. Allah always listens and guides us, he also also makes everything better in the end Insha-Allah. Thank you for sharing, this is great advice. (www.beautywithzainy.com and http://www.spicyfusionkitchen.com)

• ChristalBlogs says:

Jazakillahu khayrun for the comment sis. I think it’s interesting how we think there hasn’t been a change in the situation but by speaking to Allah we always feel better and that’s a change within itself ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Chelsea says:

Yes this is something I truly need to practice. Subhan’Allah sometimes everything happens all at once and you just feel like one day you might explode! I also remind myself of the saying of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Salam) that the strong one is not the one who can wrestle but the one who can control himself when he is angry. It’s one of the hardest emotions but subhan’Allah we get rewarded for controlling it =)

• Christal Joan says:

It’s soo true sis subhan Allah. Jazakillahu khayrun for the comment. It’s something I used to struggle with and every now and then it rears its ugly head lol