Bismillahir rahmanir raheem
I was nominated for the Liebster Award a few weeks ago now by Sr. Safa over at Footprints in Arabia. The award is just one amazing way to connect with other bloggers and to give everyone a chance to get to know everyone a little bit better inshaAllah.
As I understand it the rules are as follows:
- Answer the 11 questions that were asked of you by the person who nominated you
- Give 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 MORE bloggers
- Ask those bloggers 11 more questions form them to answer on their own blog.
So here we go!
11 Questions Asked by Sr Safa
- Why did you start a blog? I’ve always been better understood and more well spoken through writing. I realised that more reverts/ converts needed to speak out about their experiences to give others hope and encouragement by the will of Aklah swt.
- What’s your fondest childhood memory? Watching the sunset on top of what felt like the top of the world i.e. the top of a big orange slide, trying the catch butterflies in the Summer
- What’s the most important thing in your life? Maintaining my relationship with Allah swt. When this relationship is right, all other things fall into place alhamdulillah.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Worrying on the inside! I have a tendency to think I’m fine but in reality I’m worried to death!
- What’s your greatest achievement and how has it shaped you? Paying for my masters degree without taking a loan. It showed me I can push myself to gain great achievements by the will of Allah swt.
- If you could speak another language, which would it be and why?? ARABIC! It’s the language of the Qur’an, the language of our Beloved Messenger (saw) and it sounds amazing.
- Who is your favourite Quran reciter? This one is soo typical but it’s Mishary Rashid Alafasy. If I find more that I like I’ll let you know inshaAllah.
- Which surah/surahs you love to listen? why? I love Surat A’laa (The Most High), Surat Ghashiyah (The Over Whelming) and Surah Ar-Rahman (The Merciful). There is divine wisdom behind these 2 surahs being right next to each other in the Qur’an. Surah Al-A’la talks about Allah swt and the favours he bestows on those who follow his reminder. Surah Ghasihyah talks about the Day of Judgement and what is waiting for us in the akhirah based on our actions now. It also gives comfort to our Messenger (saw) who used to feel great sorrow for the people who don’t heed the warnings of Allah swt. Surah Ar-Rahman asks us the question “which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?” With each disobedience we deny His favours and this is a powerful reminder, may Allah swt forgive us all. Ameen!
- Where do you long to go on a visit? Why? This is a toss up between Makkah and Madina. Makkah obviously because it is our place of Hajj and it’s an obligation upon every Muslim who can make it there. May Allah swt count me and my family among those who undertake Hajj, Ameen. And Madina because I hear it’s such a calming place. To walk in the same streets as our Messenger (saw) and his Companions male and female would be a dream come true!
- What are your hobbies? KICKBOXING! I went to a trial class with a friend 2 years ago and now I’m a brown belt in shotokan karate and kickboxing alhamdulillah!
- If you start another blog, what will it be about? I think if I started another blog, it would be about inspirational quotes from men and women through time. “You need to know where you’ve come from to know where you’re going” as the famous saying goes and I love a good inspirational quote.
11 Facts about Me
- I became Muslim 3 years ago
- I met my husband before I was Muslim but he was not the reason I converted
- I live in the UK
- My favourite colour is purple
- My family is from the Caribbean (St Kitts/ Montserrat/Jamaica)
- I love to read – Islamic and non- Islamic books (hold tight for my book reviews coming soon)
- InshaAllah in the future I want to open up schools for orphans across the African continent (make dua this becomes a reality!)
- I have one older sister and 3 older brothers – I’m the youngest
- I have an undergraduate degree in Law and a Masters in International Commercial law
- I run a whatsapp group for newly reverted sisters – for those that want to join email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- My favourite cake is banana cake – hated by some LOVED by me!
11 Bloggers I want to Nominate
- The Muslim Bricks
- Chai With Sahar
- Single Mum Writes
- Random Bites From Life
- 1 New Leaf
- It’s Autumn’s Life
- American Nisa
- The Muslimah Guide
- Brit Deshi Mummy
- Aisha’s Writings
- The Indian Reverted Muslimah
11 Questions I Have for You!
- Would you ever start a YouTube channel?
- What advice would you give to new reverts to Islam?
- What’s your favourite ayah in the Qur’an?
- What was the last surah you recited?
- If you could give one piece of advice from the Qur’an what would it be?
- If you could meet one Prophet (other than Muhammad (saw)) who would it be?
- If you could meet one female Sahabah who would she be?
- If you invited 5 non- Muslims round to your house for dinner who would they be?
- Where do you see your blog going in the next 5 years inshaAllah?
- What exciting projects do you have coming up next?
- If you could give one piece of advice about blogging what would it be?
So, that’s my portion of the Liebster Award! Over to you guys for more interesting context. Jazakillahu khayrun again Sr Safa for nominating me.
Don’t forget, you can still vote for me to win the Most Inspirational Blog Award hosted by Muslimah Bloggers!
Voting ends August 31st and you can follow the link to take part. You don’t have to be a blogger to enter so get voting!
You can contact me on social media Twitter, Facebook and Instagram if you want to feature your post in next Friday’s Favourite Things by tagging me in your posts by using either #ChristalBlogs or @christalblogs or if you just want to say hi!
Wasalaam – Peace Be With You
Latest posts by Christal Joan (see all)
- The Shia Muslims Nextdoor - August 28, 2018
- LaYinka, I’m Sorry It Took Sooo Long! Evolve & Emerge Review - May 29, 2018
- Life’s Journey: Where Have I Been? What Am I Doing? - March 19, 2018