Bismillahir rahmanir raheem
As a new Muslim, I would often get confused by these words/ phrases. Everyone seemed to know what they were and I didn’t want to be the “new Muslim” that didn’t know. Khutbahs and conversatins became mental gymnastics to try and keep up with what was going on.
Years on, as Muslims I have noticed we shorten them or take them for granted. Everything from Allah swt has sent is a sign and a reminder and these phrases in particular are a form of dhikr (remembrance).
So let me introduce you to “Things Muslims Say”, a series to revive the importance of these oft used phrases inshaAllah!
things muslims say
- Asalaamu alaykum
- JazakAllahu khairun/ khayrun
- SubhanAllah & MashaAllah
- Allahu Akbar
- Sallallahu alayhi wa salam
Phrase turned ibadaah
We use these phrases everyday without thought. Let’s all take this opportunity to turn these simple acts into forms of ibaadah (worship) to increase in our good deeds inshaAllah!
Latest posts by Christal Joan (see all)
- The Shia Muslims Nextdoor - August 28, 2018
- LaYinka, I’m Sorry It Took Sooo Long! Evolve & Emerge Review - May 29, 2018
- Life’s Journey: Where Have I Been? What Am I Doing? - March 19, 2018